How would you like to make your mark? Do you want to make a significant contribution to the food industry’s sustainability and help reverse the climate crisis?
Improvin’ exists to solve one of the world's largest problems: how to produce more food, more sustainably, at the same time. Our solution focuses on primary production, the source of >70% food industry’s emissions. We help food brands and processors measure, report and reduce the climate impact of their own value chains.
Our mission is vital and urgent; the change you’ll drive is demanded by consumers, the Paris Agreement, IPCC regulations, EU legislation (CSRD), and ambitious corporate goals set with The Science Based Targets Initiative and Greenhouse Gas Protocol. The food chain is also booming with business opportunities involving more sustainably produced food.
Are you ready to work with purpose?
About the role
As our Sustainability Solutions Manager, you will play a pivotal role in designing, building, and driving sustainable business solutions, stakeholder engagement across the agri-food supply chain, and set up essential quality assurance within our life cycles. You will be a key member of our team, working closely with the full team but also with external partners, such as scientists, agricultural experts, engineers, and customers to advance our sustainability solutions and increased commercial opportunities for all supply chain partners.
Your main responsibility will be to identify how our customers can use our technology to collect information, quantify impact, and build business models that are resilient, trustworthy, and promotes a transition to sustainable food production. You will work in close contact both internally with engineers and account executives, and externally with customers and partners. The work will develop your capabilities to quantify sustainability, commercialize the value of LCAs, and you will have big impact on Improvin’s development, both regarding business and technology.
We at Improvin’ are on a mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable food production, and we do it by shipping digital infrastructure for agrifood businesses to collect primary data, quantify insights, and build sustainable business models that drive positive impact. In order for these companies to build these business models, both they and essentially their customers need to trust the process and system. It will be your mission to design life cycles with processes and structures that go hand-in-hand with both Improvin’s digital infrastructure and our customers’ needs, so that they can drive positive impact. This is a key position at Improvin’, and we will work hard to give you all the support and resources to succeed.
Ultimately, we believe that a passion for sustainability and an entrepreneurial spirit will be essential to succeed in this role. You should be able to work both independently and as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive sustainable growth and create an impact on the agri-food industry.
How we will support you
- We’ll strive to give you all the tools necessary for you to shine and develop a toolbox worthy of a Sustainability Solutions Manager with global potential.
- We want to ensure that your environment and emotional support are at the very highest standard by giving you continuous feedback and learning opportunities together with relevant people both inside and outside the company.
- You will enter a company where you’ll contribute with a toolbox that is complementing the rest of the company. As humble as we try to be, this means that we want to give you first-hand access to complimentary knowledge and experience. You’ll get to work with software engineers, designers, c-level executives, and key account managers to fully understand how design can change how food is produced through digital technologies.
- As part of the team, you will be at the forefront of shaping the sustainable future of an entire industry. You will have the chance to work with key partners and customers to identify emerging trends and opportunities and to help guide the development of our products and services to meet their needs.
How you can make an impact
As a Sustainability Solutions Manager, you will have a critical impact on the success of our company and our mission to provide scalable sustainability insights to the agri-food industry.
- Lead the adaptation of our LCAs, ensuring that our collection, quantification, and commercialization meet the highest standards of transparency and accountability.
- Drive the product enablement of sustainability measurements, in accordance with the frameworks such as the GHG Protocol, empowering our customers to understand and impact their footprint.
- Enable primary data-driven decision-making both in line with the SBTi and valuable for customers, ensuring that we’re driving our customers and the industry toward more sustainable practices.
- Support customers with developing and commercializing programs, allowing them to take concrete steps towards a more sustainable future with viable business proposals.
By driving sustainable development and fostering business collaboration, you will have a critical impact on the success of our company and our mission to build a more sustainable agri-food industry.
We believe you have/are
We believe you have/are:
- A degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Engineering/Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience in sustainability development, with a track record of developing and executing sustainability programs in complex organizations, preferably in the agri-food or technology industry.
- Proven experience in conducting Life Cycle Assessments, preferably in the agrifood sector. Positive if you have used LCA software such as SimaPro and/or Gabi.
- Experience and/or knowledge about applying and enabling carbon accounting in accordance with the GHG Protocol, and a solid understanding of emissions reductions in line with SBTi.
- Drive and passion to become a supply chain expert. This means working with an 80/20-approach to understand the basics about the every-day life for different stakeholders in the food supply chain. This includes, but is not limited to, farmers, cooperatives, processors, and brands.
- Strong analytical and research skills, with the ability to analyze complex data and communicate insights effectively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex sustainability concepts and negotiate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, such as product development, sales, marketing, and customer success, to ensure successful delivery of sustainability solutions.
- A passion for sustainability and the potential impact of technology in the agri-food industry supply chain.
By applying, you will get a chance to join a purpose-led, passionate, and international team. We use English as our working language, and for applicants outside of the EU, we offer relocation support with the transition if needed.
We offer a flexible work setup, with opportunity to balance office attendance with remote work. You’ll get competitive compensation, 30 days of paid vacation, and support to grow professionally as our fast-scaling business grows.
Most importantly, we believe that a diverse workforce will be essential to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability.